Dear Parent / Carer,
Coming to Churchill Community College – September 2020
‘The Class of 2027’
We mentioned in a previous letter that we would hold transition meetings for Year 6 starting on the week of 15th June 2020, where you will meet key staff and have the chance to ask questions. The information that follows tells you how to book onto one of these meetings.
What to bring with you
There are some forms in this envelope which will give us vital information about your child. Please ensure that you fill these in and bring them to the meeting with you. Your child also needs to fill in the postcard and bring that to the meeting as well. If you are only able to attend a virtual meeting, please either drop the forms into school reception or post to Churchill Community College – Churchill Community College, Churchill Street, Wallsend, Tyne & Wear, NE28 7TN Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
We will, of course, be following current government guidelines to ensure that you and your child are safe at the meeting, so the following measures will be in place:
- a maximum of 16 children (and their parents) will be able to attend each meeting
- each meeting will take place in the school hall (which normally seats 250 people), with each group of chairs set 2 metres apart. As a family you will remain in these seats throughout the meeting.
- hand sanitiser will be available for use on entry and exit, as well as within the hall itself
- parents and children should not attend if they or anyone in their immediate family has any of the symptoms of COVID-19. If you cannot attend, please let us know on 0191 2347200 during school hours so that we can reallocate the place
- all facilities will be thoroughly cleaned immediately before and after each meeting
Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time for the meeting. There will be a socially distanced queue outside of the hall and we will escort one family into their seats at a time, pausing to use hand sanitiser on the way. To support us in making sure that the meeting is safe, we ask that a maximum of two people attend with each child. We request that younger siblings do not attend, as we know small children struggle to sit still and we want as little movement around the hall as possible.
There will be meetings arranged at a variety of times between Tuesday 16th June and Friday 26th June. To book to attend a meeting please click on this link:
If you and/or your child are unable to come into school for a face-to-face meeting, please click on the next link in order to register for one of the online meetings we are also running:
Should you have any questions or need any assistance with registering for a session, please contact Reception on 0191 234 7200 or email email@example.com
There will be a short presentation by the Headteacher and you will be introduced to key staff e.g. your child’s Head of Year and the SEND Coordinator. We will ensure you have all the information you need ready for September e.g uniform, times of the day and lunchtime routines. Each family will then have a ten minute meeting with a senior member of staff to ask any further questions and allow us to meet your child, again socially distanced.
We really look forward to meeting you and your child as we begin this next part of their journey with Churchill Community College.
David Baldwin Paul Johnson
Headteacher Headteacher from September 2020