Year 6 to Year 7
We recognise that the move from primary school to secondary is both an exciting yet daunting time both for our young people and parents / carers.
Our Coming to Churchill Programme fully supports all involved in the transition to Churchill Community College and ourselves, young people and parents/carers finding out about one another.
Our Transition events include:-
- Open Evenings and Days where prospective students and families can visit the college (Autumn)
For those young people who have secured a place at the college we have a range of Transition Events which take place during the summer term
- Transition Appointments – new admits and their parents/carers meet with one of our Senior Leaders
- Home-College Agreement
- Coming to Churchill Brochure
- College staff and Transition Buddies visit Primary Schools to get to know students
- Year 6 Parents Evening where new admits meet their Learning Coordinator, Form Tutor and Key Staff
- Transition Week
- Welcome Assembly (Transition Week and first day of Year 7) for students and parents/carers
- Coffee Morning with key staff for parents/carers (Transition Week and Year 7)
- Form Tutor Meeting (October) to review how our young people have settled into Churchill
Our Why Choose Churchill ? and Coming to Churchill Brochures can be found on our website.
If you have any queries regarding Transition please contact Assistant Headteacher – Mrs Lucy Roderick at college and any specific Admission queries should be directed to Admissions at North Tyneside Council.