Year 6 to Year 7
We recognise that the move from primary school to secondary is both an exciting yet daunting time both for our young people and parents / carers.
Our Coming to Churchill Programme fully supports all involved in the transition to Churchill Community College and ourselves, young people and parents/carers finding out about one another.
Our Transition events include:-
- Open Evenings and Days where prospective students and families can visit the college (Autumn)
For those young people who have secured a place at the college we have a range of Transition Events which take place during the summer term
- Transition Appointments – new admits and their parents/carers meet with one of our Senior Leaders
- Home-College Agreement
- Coming to Churchill Brochure
- College staff and Transition Buddies visit Primary Schools to get to know students
- Year 6 Parents Evening where new admits meet their Learning Coordinator, Form Tutor and Key Staff
- Transition Week
- Welcome Assembly (Transition Week and first day of Year 7) for students and parents/carers
- Coffee Morning with key staff for parents/carers (Transition Week and Year 7)
- Form Tutor Meeting (October) to review how our young people have settled into Churchill
Our Why Choose Churchill ? and Coming to Churchill Brochures can be found on our website.
If you have any queries regarding Transition please contact Miss J. Bruce at college and any specific Admission queries should be directed to Admissions at North Tyneside Council.