Dear Parents / Carers,
Update for Monday 23 March 2020
As you know Churchill Community College, like all schools in the UK, is now closed. From Monday 23 March 2020 the government has stated the following:
• If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
• Every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
• Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
For a small number of children and families, there will be a different provision moving forwards. The school can only open if it is safe to do so. It is an essential part of our national effort to combat this disease. Parents whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response include those who work in health and social care and in key sectors. Many parents working in these sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home. And every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
Our school will be open only to children as follows:
1. If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then the school will be available for them.
2. If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors, and you cannot keep your child
safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision.
We will open the school at 9am each morning for those children identified above who cannot be kept safe at home.
• Please do not send your child in before that time.
• Please send them in with a packed lunch because there will be no catering available on site.
• If your child is normally eligible for free school meals there will be a packed lunch available for them at the school.
• Please send them in with their PE kit.
• Your child does not need to wear school uniform
We will close the school to children at 3.15pm each day.
Please remember that this provision is only available to the groups listed above and should not be used by other children.
We are also organising food for those who would normally receive a free school meal but have not been invited to come to school each day. My staff are organising this provision and we will give you further information on this as soon as we can. It may be that
on Monday my staff are able to deliver packed lunches, we will keep you informed from Monday.
For the vast majority of children who are staying at home it is important that on Monday they begin their home learning. This should be accessed through Google Classrooms. They should go to their Year Group Classroom first and follow the instructions.
This will begin at 9am each morning with exercise from The Body Coach Joe Wicks, followed by Churchill’s Thought For The Day. We ask that children avoid emailing their teachers and instead use the Classroom streams instead to ask questions. In the meantime, if you have any questions please use our e-mail at email@example.com
Please keep safe and take care of each other.